Starting Cloud Native Journey with Kubernetes and its Ecosystem
We, at Egen, have been using Kubernetes in production since 2017. We offer a comprehensive assessment of your current infrastructure and roadmap to becoming Cloud Native.
We, at Egen, have been using Kubernetes in production for almost a year now. Over the last 12months, we have experimented with different k8s configurations, tools, and integrations ranging from running local cluster with Minikube or Docker (
>18.01-ce) to installing the k8s cluster on AWS with kops and integrating it with IAM using aws-iam-authenticator.
By sticking to the principle of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), we have become pretty good at creating a new highly-available k8s clusters on AWS in less than 15 minutes with all necessary components and hardened access security that includes Ingress Controllers (with private and public load-balancers), Cert Manager, Metrics Server, Monitoring, Alerting, centralized Logging, and Disaster Recovery using Heptio Ark.
Every piece of our engineering ecosystem runs on k8s clusters now.
Our current set of k8s clusters host:
- Data engineering frameworks like Confluent Kafka, Kafka Connect, KSQL, Schema Registry, and REST Proxy servers.
- Atlassian suite: Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, and Service Desk.
- Fully automated build & deploy (CI/CD) pipelines with git, Jenkins, and Nexus (for npm, maven, and docker registries). Our Jenkins setup securely integrates with multiple k8s clusters to deploys a variety of apps.
WordPress based public sites.
- multiple environments including dev, staging, and production with automated service DNS resolutions with
- Let’s Encrypt based automated SSL cert provisioning and renewal using Cert Manager. (Pretty much ready to get rid of the last remaining GoDaddy SSL cert).
- pretty much everything else that powers our KERNEL platform.
In the Q4 of 2018, we started putting all these learnings of running Cloud Native production workload with Kubernetes in the public domain. We launched a weekly webinar series titled: Collective Talks | Cloud Native Series.
Here’s the ordered list of all these recordings from the Collective Talks of this series:
- Deep Dive into Kubernetes Architecture and Components
- Setup a High-Available Kubernetes Cluster on AWS using kops
- Harden Kubernetes Access Security with RBAC and AWS IAM
- Deploy Stateless Workload on Kubernetes with Pods, Deployments, Daemonsets, and Services
And, if you are unsure of how to go about this, or what the process consists of, we offer a comprehensive assessment of your current infrastructure and provide a path to becoming a Cloud Native DevOps practice. Contact us to start the assessment.
You might also like
Generative AI vs Traditional Machine Learning: What Sets Them Apart?
The future of AI is filled with endless possibilities. Understanding the differences in AI is crucial for businesses to make informed decisions about which approach best suits their needs.Read article
5 Key Ways Data is Transforming Healthcare and Life Sciences
Healthcare accounts for 30% of global data, growing at 36% annually. Don't let your data drown—with structured storage and BI tools. Discover our 5 real-life use cases.Read article
10 Reasons Why Businesses Consider Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Unleash the power of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for your business. From scalability and big data processing to cost reduction and application development, find out why GCP is a top choice.Read article
Navigating HIPAA Compliance: A Checklist for Healthcare Organizations
Ease your HIPAA compliance journey with our curated checklist— your trusty roadmap to navigate the complexities of data protection.Read article
Deep Learning & Computer Vision: A Hybrid Future
AI's potential has drawn vast interest, with many rushing to harness its prowess. Deep Learning & Computer Vision are now hot topics, yet their complex inner workings are often overlooked.Read article
How to Reduce AWS Costs: Strategies and Best Practices
Discover how to reduce your AWS bill without sacrificing functionality with our tried-and-test tips and expert guidance.Read article
How AI and Personalized Marketing are Transforming Retail Sales
How AI/ML, CDP, personalization, and BI are revolutionizing retail, fashion, and beauty. Dive into brand examples from Sephora, ThredUp, and H&M.Read article
19 Cloud Computing Statistics You Need to Know in 2023
By 2025, over 100 zettabytes of data will be stored in the cloud—50% of all global data storage.Read article
5 Ways to Transform Grocery Retail with an AI-Driven Data Strategy
Explore 5 AI-driven data strategies for grocery retail. Learn how to solve challenges like workforce management, pricing, and disconnected CX.Read article