Starting Cloud Native Journey with Kubernetes and its Ecosystem
We, at Egen, have been using Kubernetes in production since 2017. We offer a comprehensive assessment of your current infrastructure and roadmap to becoming Cloud Native.
We, at Egen, have been using Kubernetes in production for almost a year now. Over the last 12months, we have experimented with different k8s configurations, tools, and integrations ranging from running local cluster with Minikube or Docker (
>18.01-ce) to installing the k8s cluster on AWS with kops and integrating it with IAM using aws-iam-authenticator.
By sticking to the principle of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), we have become pretty good at creating a new highly-available k8s clusters on AWS in less than 15 minutes with all necessary components and hardened access security that includes Ingress Controllers (with private and public load-balancers), Cert Manager, Metrics Server, Monitoring, Alerting, centralized Logging, and Disaster Recovery using Heptio Ark.
Every piece of our engineering ecosystem runs on k8s clusters now.
Our current set of k8s clusters host:
- Data engineering frameworks like Confluent Kafka, Kafka Connect, KSQL, Schema Registry, and REST Proxy servers.
- Atlassian suite: Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, and Service Desk.
- Fully automated build & deploy (CI/CD) pipelines with git, Jenkins, and Nexus (for npm, maven, and docker registries). Our Jenkins setup securely integrates with multiple k8s clusters to deploys a variety of apps.
WordPress based public sites.
- multiple environments including dev, staging, and production with automated service DNS resolutions with
- Let’s Encrypt based automated SSL cert provisioning and renewal using Cert Manager. (Pretty much ready to get rid of the last remaining GoDaddy SSL cert).
- pretty much everything else that powers our KERNEL platform.
In the Q4 of 2018, we started putting all these learnings of running Cloud Native production workload with Kubernetes in the public domain. We launched a weekly webinar series titled: Collective Talks | Cloud Native Series.
Here’s the ordered list of all these recordings from the Collective Talks of this series:
- Deep Dive into Kubernetes Architecture and Components
- Setup a High-Available Kubernetes Cluster on AWS using kops
- Harden Kubernetes Access Security with RBAC and AWS IAM
- Deploy Stateless Workload on Kubernetes with Pods, Deployments, Daemonsets, and Services
And, if you are unsure of how to go about this, or what the process consists of, we offer a comprehensive assessment of your current infrastructure and provide a path to becoming a Cloud Native DevOps practice. Contact us to start the assessment.
You might also like
How AI and Personalized Marketing are Transforming Retail Sales
How AI/ML, CDP, personalization, and BI are revolutionizing retail, fashion, and beauty. Dive into brand examples from Sephora, ThredUp, and H&M.Read article
19 Cloud Computing Statistics You Need to Know in 2023
By 2025, over 100 zettabytes of data will be stored in the cloud—50% of all global data storage.Read article
5 Ways to Transform Grocery Retail with an AI-Driven Data Strategy
Explore 5 AI-driven data strategies for grocery retail. Learn how to solve challenges like workforce management, pricing, and disconnected CX.Read article
Copilot and the Future of AI-Assisted Coding: Insights from a Software Engineer
GitHub's Copilot is an IDE-integrated tool that streamlines coding by offering real-time text completion suggestions, predicting what developers might type next.Read article
Data Mesh and Event-Driven Architecture: Unleashing Healthcare Data Potential
Harness the power of data mesh and event-driven architecture. Streamline healthcare data management, drive innovation, and unlock lasting growth.Read article
Unlocking Hidden Revenue: Optimizing Data Systems for a Leading Car Retailer
Explore how a leading care retailer teamed up with us to optimize workflows, boost security, and uncover hidden revenue.Read article
Rapid Migration of a Legacy Java Monolith for a Major Retail Brand
Find out how we helped a grocery giant tackle a two-year standstill and the loss of key team members to conquer a critical deadline.Read article
How an HC & Tech Services Provider Optimized Scalability, Agility, and Security
Discover how a human capital and tech services provider unlocked the power of cloud infrastructure to optimize scalability, agility, and security.Read article
Egen Cuts Sifter's Infrastructure Costs by Over 30%
Learn how Sifter, an online grocery platform, reduced infrastructure costs by over 30%, allowing the startup to focus on growth and profitability.Read article